Friday, May 6, 2011

The Good (Great) Stuff



My kids share my weakness for not being able to keep surprises a secret. When they got home from school this afternoon they shouted, "Happy Mother's Day!" Immediately they tore into their backpacks and pulled out homemade gifts that were clearly intended for Sunday. Sam presented me a heart-shaped broach with the letter S on it. He proudly pointed out an interesting texture on the heart's surface. He had dropped the sculpture before it dried, accidentally stepped on it and was pleased with the result. Mae ran toward me with a bouquet of paper flowers tied together with a bow made from pink yarn. The card she made has shiny blue hand prints and her photo framed with flower petals. Their presentations took less than five minutes and gave my heart a treasured memory for life.

1 comment:

Linda said...

This story--and this picture--made my heart smile. :)