Sunday, July 29, 2007

Burton Island


We returned from our sixth annual camping trip to Burton Island with 98 pictures. It was difficult selecting photos for our blog, if I were to represent all in our group I'd be downloading photos all night. As always the trip is work; planning, packing, loading the ferry, caring for two children and now three dogs (Jack and Tazor's first trip-oy!). As always we had a wonderful time and look forward to our return next year. This year we invited two families to join us, we loved sharing this special experience with good friends.

Now for the good stuff. Each night presented new challenges, the first night being the worst! Sam woke up, "Daddy, it's dark outside!", Tazor started barking, Mae woke up screaming. Not wanting to wake up the island I left the tent briefly to get her a bottle of milk. This is when Jack ripped a hole in the tent trying to get to me. Jack is conflicted, he can't have me out of his sight but when he is off leash, he is quick to run and not look back. So this is the middle of the night, Mae screaming, Sam awake, Tazor barking and Jack on the loose. We managed to grab Jack, quiet Mae and Tazor but now we have a hole in our tent through which a trained police dog and a fast runner can escape through. We decide the best thing would be for Dave to sleep on Mae's mattress, guarding the newly made exit. Secretly I looked forward to daylight and seeing my husband covered with a little pink sleeping bag. Before settling in I saw him crouched on his knees with his head in his hands.

Me: "What are you doing?"
Dave:"Waiting."
Me:"For what?"
Dave:"The next thing to happen."

Thankfully my husband and I share a similar sense of humor.


Breathtaking sunset on Monday, July 23, 2007


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pam, that part about dave with his head in his hands made me laugh out loud for like 15 minutes. how many times have i been in that exact position. whew. Mary