Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Emotional

Last Friday was the dedication of the Vermont Police K-9 Hall of Fame. Dave and Tazor are kneeling left side, front row. Kilo and Dave were recognized, Kilo of course posthumously. This incredible event returned us to our early stages of grieving. On Saturday Dave said, "I'm so drained, I feel like he died just yesterday." That night I watched the 11pm news to learn another inductee died on the way home from the event. Tom Radford and his partner Stoney are pictured in the center. This monument was born from Tom's idea and hard work. Tom presided as the Master of Ceremonies. He introduced all the honored teams with great respect and emotion. When he and Stoney were honored, Dave read their accolades as Stoney proudly stood by his master's side. We share their loss and send our love to the Radford family.


After leaving the dedication ceremony, I cried all the way to New Hampshire to be by my Grammy's hospital bed.



This topic will have it's own post. To summarize, I've made four round trips in the past week and spent the night once. She's 90 and has a cancerous tumor the size of a grapefruit. My Grammy is tired and doesn't want to suffer. I don't want her to suffer. I will surely miss her for she has always been the person to unconditionally love and accept me from day one.
-
I cried all the way to New Hampshire feeling the loss of one, then cried all the way home feeling the impending loss of another.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh, Pam...I'm so sorry to hear about your Granny. You just remember that she's not the only one who loves you unconditionally. If you need anything, please let me know.

Mae looks just like you did as a little girl...that is the best picture!

Anna said...

Happy Mother's Day, Pam!