Thursday, April 17, 2008

Our Four Year Old Son Was Sent To the Principal's Office Today!

His preschool teacher felt terrible when she phoned Dave, "Dave, I hate to tell you this, but I had to send Sam to the Principal's office today." He was hitting and being aggressive with his friends. The first feeling is that we failed him somehow. We then worried about how frightening being sent to the Principal's office would be for him, but part of us wanted him to be frightened. He needs to acknowledge is actions have consequences.

That bugger! Every day he alternates between testing us and amazing us. Thank goodness for school and bedtime.

1 comment:

Kimberly Ward said...

Oh yes. This is important, the fear tactic. I remember a scary moment in the old Zayers store with security men, my sister and me, and my little brother, who kept saying "Mommy are they going to jail? are they gonna put them in jail, mommy?" It worked...