Friday, April 4, 2008

Not One Of My Finer Moments



Today I set in to motion not one of my brightest ideas. I'd just gotten home from a mad dash to the grocery store before Dave needed to leave for work. Shopping is much quicker and easier without children. As Dave got ready, I unloaded groceries and sought a diversion for our children besides television or computer games. Coloring or Play dough hasn't been received with enthusiasm lately so I brought out painting supplies.
-
Sam exclaimed, "Look Mommy! Blue, red and yellow make this color!" He looked like he was wearing a pair of latex gloves up to the middle of his forearm. Whatever, fine...until, "I'm done! Don't worry I can clean up." In the 30 seconds it took for me to reach the bathroom, the sink was full of purple water and there was spatter everywhere. I needed to climb onto a step stool to clean some of it off. After stripping him down and loading him into the shower, I phoned Dave (who was on his way to work by now) to share the details of my blunder. After telling him I'd emptied out all soaps and shampoos before putting Sam in the shower, Dave added, "And razors, you know he'll play with those too." Just then I heard from the shower, "Look what I've got Mommy!"

2 comments:

Anna said...

hehehehehe....

I'm still dying to see pictures of the place all fixed up...

Did you know Mary is working at UHC now?? What will they ever do without her?!?

Anna said...

Hey! I found the PERFECT new template for your blog Pam!

Go look at this and tell me what you think...

http://fsabd77.blogspot.com/