Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jack






I decided to dedicate a post to Jack because the poor guy's world got turned upside down when we brought Meike home. We lovingly refer to Jack as Junkyard Dog because he's got the best snarl and has the strength of a survivor. Jack is my guardian. His eyes follow me wherever I go and when I leave a room I know he is close behind. Junkyard Dog had asserted himself as top dog, but now that Meike has entered our world he is being challenged. She's younger, has similar survival strength, and she's tough. After Meike's first month with us, they continue negotiating their relationship. Meike is straight forward and Jack is calculating. It's difficult to watch because I love them both, but I know they need to work out this conflict on their own. The best I can do is to protect everyone from casualties.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Poor Jack!

Hey! If you need any more shoes...I've got a BOAT LOAD to get rid of...still a size 8-8.5?? I'll drop them at your door with some cash money for the concert! :)