Thursday, March 3, 2011

He's A Smooth Operator

I was on guard tonight because Sam didn't get his medicine this morning. Before I was told he didn't get it, I knew as soon as he got off the bus this afternoon. I stayed close to him all afternoon and evening to keep his impulsively from getting out of hand. It was draining and thank goodness I had a nap this afternoon. Bedtime couldn't come soon enough.

After books we settled in and turned off his light. Sam has glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling above his bed that he sometimes re-arranges. Tonight I noticed a cluster of stars, one big and two small above his lamp that glowed the brightest. Before I said anything he said, "Those stars are you, me and Mae."

The constellation on Sam's ceiling is my reward for not completely losing it tonight. He's good.

No comments: