Monday, August 22, 2011

Groundhog House



This is a vacant house we drive by often.  There are usually groundhogs grazing on the lawn.  A few weeks ago we drove by and I saw two groundhogs sitting on the porch.  All I could do was scream and point because I was laughing so hard.  Since then, I keep my camera ready and drive by slowly.  One afternoon I saw a single groundhog sitting on the porch.   It is a dangerous corner to pull over on, so I decided to hold out for a picture of a pair. 

In the meantime a small, blue wading pool appeared in the yard.  I imagined little groundhog pool parties.  My neighbor saw one of them near the pool and imagined a beach umbrella would complete the scene.

A couple of weeks have gone by and I'm getting impatient.  I saw this one the other day near the porch and decided to settle.  I wonder if he was waiting to rendezvous with one of his buddies or maybe a lady friend.

No comments: