Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hoarse and Horse

Twice today I screamed like a horror movie victim.  First, Mae was showing off for her pediatric cardiologist and fell off the exam table.  Thankfully, Dr. Drucker caught her.  I'm certain the staff was abuzz long before we left the clinic.  Dr. Drucker is thorough and delivers excellent patient care.  I imagine she expects and receives excellent service from her staff.  This morning probably reminded them they work with Wonder Woman.  Me on the other hand, froze in my tracks and screamed involuntarily.

Second big scream could have been avoided had I listened to Mae.  As we left the parking garage she asked me to close the window so bugs won't fly in.  "Honey, the window needs to be open so I can pay the parking garage attendant."  On our way to her next appointment, I thought I felt something touch my neck.  At the barn I felt something burn my thigh.  It was definitely a sting but I didn't see a culprit.  I went into the office to speak with Mae's therapist then felt a buzz and another sting on my right arm.  "Ahhh!  Bee, get away, get away!"

Mae riding Xena, armed with a loaded squirt gun.

No comments: