Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Simple Deeds Inspire Amore

Dave hasn't worked since last Wednesday. He'd been home to prep for "Help us sell the Deweybarn weekend." Which was amazing. At the end of the weekend, our contractors looked admiringly at us and said, "You have a lot of good friends." The work accomplished puts us in a good position to manage the rest of our goals.

On Saturday I was going out for supplies. I looked up to see Dave coming out the door with a snow brush to clean my windshield. It melted my heart. Last night he carried my 12 year old dog up the stairs because Murdoch can't manage our stairs now that we've removed the carpet. Today, after the drama of loading everyone in the van for errands (picking out new carpet for the stairs being one of them), I saw he'd brought an extra caffinated soda for me because I was out of tea.

June 2008 will be our 15th year as a couple. I think time together and these simple things are what inspire us.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Awww...can't wait to see all of the improvements!

:-) Anna and Lucas

Kimberly Ward said...

Yup. That's what a good partner is all about. Dave Dewey Rocks! And so do you. I am constantly amazed by you two. I hope the sale went well. Wish we hadn't already committed to our brunch before you called. Hope to see you two soon.