Friday, March 21, 2008

"Sam, where's Mommy?"

I heard Dave say this as I walked out of the playroom and saw the refrigerator door open. I rounded the corner and there was Sam holding a carton of eggs. Our son quickly tried to explain the scene, stammering something about how he cleaned up the yellow. I calmly asked him to put our eggs back into the refrigerator and close the door. That's when I saw a smashed egg and a hand towel on the counter. Sam then explained he wanted to make a cake. He stood there with one hand on his hip, the other gesturing at us, "I heard you two coming and I had to clean up really fast."

When I went to the store today, I picked up a cake mix for us to make together when he got home from school.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Easter! ;-)

Anna said...

Still no pics of the renovations? I want pictures, Woman! ;-)