Monday, May 7, 2007

Siblings


Both being only children, my husband and I realize we cannot fully under-stand the sibling dynamic. Yesterday Mae made me realize I can get off Sam's back a little and give them some space to work things out. They were on my bed watching a DVD while I folded a monster pile of laundry. Sam was subtly torturing her by leaning on her, squeezing her feet, and just being a pain. My little Mae Leta suddenly swatted at Sam with a stuffed animal, accompanying her action with a vocalization that was clearly a reprimand. I loved it!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Pam Dewey! Bert and Ernie are JUST FRIENDS! Come on, everyone knows that! :-) I'm trying to get June 3rd off to see your show...keep your fingers crossed!

MargieCain said...

I remember doing similar things with Mike when we were little. He would finally push me far enough and I would smack him with something. You might want to be on the alert, however, when Mae has a baseball bat in her hand! ;-)