Friday, July 11, 2008

Deweybarn Days Are Numbered

Sam was helping his father stack wood, then appeared around the wood pile with this!

We are now under contract with a closing date and everything! We met the couple briefly. They responded to the barn as we had 11 years ago, and back then it had shag rug everywhere. Now that there is a timeline we feel both excited and emotional. We have experienced some of the best and worst life has to offer while living here. I hope the barn's new family will love her as we have.

This morning we enjoyed looking for blackberries along the Deweybarn trails. One of our neighbors recently surprised us by mowing the trails with his new mower. It feels like a state park back there more then ever.

Sam found these toads under the wood pile. "They're friends Mommy. They love eachother."


2 comments:

Anna said...

Seeing Sam with a chain saw in his hand actually made my heart stop for just a second...good lord you are a brave woman! ;-)

Michelle said...

Hi Pam, it's Michelle Ziter, Jason's wife. He sent me the link to your blog. Sorry to hear about Grammie.... but I was shocked to read that you are selling the farm! When are you moving? Where are you going? Are you staying local, I hope? I will be keeping an eye on this blog. BTW... isn't blogging the BEST??? I love it!