Saturday, July 26, 2008

"Hey Daddy! I need to go pee!"

This morning at the Woodlawn Cemetery in Clinton Massachusetts, we heard our Sam exclaim the above.
-
During a graveside service for my grandmother, we kept an eye on our son as he played with a water spout about 30 feet away. I heard him, then watched in horror as he lifted up his shirt and reached for the waistband of his shorts. Pastor Bob was speaking of how our memories of Grammy will never leave us. After spotting Sam he stifled a chuckle, gestured in Sam's direction and said, "Just as the memory of this moment will remain with me." Two thoughts entered my mind. I cursed that the camera was in the van, then tried theorizing how Grammy would respond. I think if I told her a story of him doing this, she would have laughed. If she were with us to publicly witness the incident, I honestly don't know. Certainly she would appear shocked and offended, but I think she would have taken into consideration he is a four-year-old boy and that was pretty funny.

No comments: