Friday, August 29, 2008

County Fair 2008, A Magical Place For The Dewey Family

Sam and "Yucas". Sam loves his buddy Lucas. He loves making him laugh and loves getting a rise out of him. That's what I consider a good friend.


Whenever we passed the merry-go-round, Mae made happy sounds, kicked her feet and rocked her whole body. I remember feeling the same way when I was little.


On the Ferris wheel Sam exclaimed, "I can see the whole city!" We decided to bring them in the evening because the fair is dazzling at night. They were both asleep and drooling before we reached home. Dave loves it when that happens. He told me it makes him happy to know we've shown them such a good time that their little bodies are spent. Seeing the world through their eyes reminds me of magic that can be found at a county fair.