Monday, September 1, 2008

Making It Count-A Night Out and A Kid Rock Concert!


I love being a mom. Dave and I share the exhaustion of raising little ones. We also share the enjoyment that little ones have brought to our lives. That being said, Damn! Last night I had an amazing time taking a break from it all!
-
Our friend Kris (also a mom) and I left yesterday morning for Hartford, CT. We were armed with a hotel reservation, two tickets to the Kid Rock/Lynyrd Skynyrd show and fixin's for a pitcher of tasty, raspberry-lime margaritas!
-
We arrived at the hotel to a party in the parking lot. Each tailgate we passed blared Kid Rock tunes, people were drinking, dancing and getting worked up for the show. Kris and I couldn't stop smiling and asking ourselves, "How friggin' cool is this?"
-
An hour before showtime we filled our little plastic cups, socialized in the parking lot with another group from Vermont, then began our ten minute walk to the venue.
-
Inside the gate was another party. There were food vendors, alcohol vendors and fans like us getting geared up for the show. We joined the party, got a bite to eat, drank beer and used the bathroom at least three times. We didn't want to miss any of the show once it began.
-
Seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd perform "Sweet Home Alabama", "Free Bird", and "Gimme Three Steps" is a privilege I will never forget. Seeing Kid Rock perform anything always leaves me speechless. He is my Rock N Roll Jesus. I haven't been such a fan of anyone since I was seven and in love with Donny Osmond.
-
I could keep gushing about what a fabulous time we had. However, I don't wish to bore my readers or embarrass my husband. Thank you Double D for supporting occasional excursions for me to make the most of!

1 comment:

Anna said...

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am SO GLAD you had a good time. If there's anyone in the whole wide world that deserves a rockin' night off, it's you! ;-)