Friday, September 26, 2008

I Think Our Son Wants To Be David Lee Roth When He Grows Up

Tonight after laying down his head, it quickly popped up and I heard, "I want to be music. I want to play guitar and be rock and roll!" I responded, "Cool buddy! Chicks dig that!" With a smile, his head nestled back into the pillow. Once again, he popped up and said, "When I grow up, I want to be the ice cream truck driver. I'll give ice cream to all my friends!" Wanting to support his dreams I said, "Awesome! Everyone is excited to see the ice cream truck, you would make people so happy!" Sam expanded on this wonderful idea with, "My truck will play "Duh Duh Da, Duh Duh Da Da, Duh Duh Da, Dah Dum." For those who do not recognize it, Smoke On the Water, by Deep Purple. "My truck will be the rock and roll ice cream truck!" The first thing to enter my mind: "I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by. All my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy, yeah." I think David Lee Roth was still with Van Halen when that came out.

No comments: