Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Delightful Family Visit

Having family spend the weekend meant the world to us. My Uncle Buster, his partner Sharon, our cousin Jake and his friend Dillon came for the weekend. I don't know if we've ever felt completely free to share our children's energy with anyone before. Dave had to leave for work after they'd been here two hours. He called me less than five minutes into his commute and said, "Can they move up here?"

Sunday morning it felt like I was holding back a bull. Sam Dewey was determined to invade the guest room. "Where are my cousins? Is Uncle Buster up yet? I saw Sharon! They're awake!" I wanted to start breakfast, instead I acted as a barricade to protect our guests from a tornado of Sam energy.

After serving breakfast, I was treated to having my children taken on a long walk. I handed over the bug spray and went back up to bed for a heavenly mid-morning snooze.


We joined our family for a Ben and Jerry's factory tour. This is Sam and Sharon in the deceased flavor cemetery.


Here is Sam being a ham as his cousin's Jake and Dillon pose by their favorite retired flavors.


Uncle Buster and baby Mae enjoying the playground at the Ben and Jerry factory.


No comments: