Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Unconditional Love



We adopted Murdoch from a rescue group when he was 18months old. The above photo was taken at Ricker Pond State Park in 2001. This month, he is 13-years-old. Dogs his size often do not reach their 13th birthday. Dave and I witness his hind end strength weaken daily. This evening Sam and I had a tearful conversation. I told him Murdoch is old and weak, like my Grammy was. Every day we should be super nice and tell him how much we love him. I feel the day he cannot support himself with dignity is near. I'm so scared. I don't want him to suffer, at the same time I don't want to say goodbye sooner than I have to.

1 comment:

MargieCain said...

The hardest part of having a pet is the inevitable end. Murdoch has been the best friend in the world to you. I've witnessed his love for you every time I see you with him. He loves and trusts you unconditionally. He knows you will take care of him when his time comes. And Jack will be there to comfort you when you need him. And me too, my friend.

Give Murdoch a hug and a kiss on that beautiful nose from me.