Saturday, April 21, 2007

Don't Be Fooled


This sweetness does not reflect my version of the day, but for them it may. My peak of insanity occurred this morning when I realized my set if keys had fallen out of my pocket when we were outside. One week after the snow storm it was warm and sunny. We had been blowing bubbles, playing in the grass and watching a footrace on our road. I was holding Mae as I went out to look for my keys. Jack sneaked out, then pandemonium. There was a steady stream of runners. Jack kept coming close enough for me to think I could catch him then off he went. I knew I didn't stand a chance with Mae in my arms so I brought her back in the house, meanwhile Sam got out. I can only imagine what these runners thought hearing Mae screaming from inside, seeing Sam and Jack running free (although Sam did find my keys for me), me with my hands in the air saying "I'm about to have a fucking breakdown". Thankfully, my neighbor was in her garden and heard my statement. She came to my rescue and managed to entice Jack into her clutches. I called her a goddess, thanked her, then hustled Sam and Jack into the house so I could experience my embarrassement behind closed doors. Oy.

No comments: