Saturday, June 23, 2007

Don't Let These Angelic Faces Fool You


When outnumbered by these two there are times I'd like to run screaming from the building.
It's really the pile up of little things that wear you down (and make you laugh at the absurdity of it all). This morning we found that Jack had jumped the gated kitchen to spread the contents of our full trash all over, nasty. About 2 1/2 hours later, we'd run down our options for the morning, made a plan, and got everyone ready (two very brief showers as our well is nearly dry). I went to grab a few extra diapers to bring with us when I saw Nellie. She was swimming in grass so tall, all I could see was her head. Two strands of the fence were down and she was out exploring. We had to laugh at that one. Once we finally left the house we had a lovely morning driving country roads looking for yard sales. We returned home after a nice lunch out, I pulled Mae out of her car seat and she was burning up again. That's four days in a row. Around noon she starts with a terrible fever and only wants to snuggle with me, whine and fuss until bedtime. Poor thing, I love being there for her but today was the day I was outnumbered when Dave went to nap before his night shift. Sam had no fever, he knew I was limited and proceeded to run wild. I hate constantly saying, "Stop that, NO Sam, Do you need a time out?", etc. I tried sitting down with him and some crayons, tried interesting him in trains, cars, play dough, anything! I resorted to putting in "Madagascar", twice. What did people do before VCR and DVD players? I never thought I'd say that and am a little ashamed of myself, but it was either that or lock myself in the basement with a straight jacket.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I couldn't find any yard sales today...not that we need a thing...and those faces you speak of are angelic, there's no hiding it!

Anna said...

And also...HEY! We were posting at the exact same moment!