Monday, June 11, 2007

Play Day

After having a very busy week, I decided my first priority today was to play with my children. Yesterday the four of us stopped by the bay in Colchester for a creemie. Sam enjoyed chasing birds and watching boats. "Mommy, we go for ride in boat?" Oh jeez, we don't have a boat, we can't even swim! So today, Sam, Mae and I went to the islands for some cheap entertainment. We started with the Grand Isle Fish Hatchery. I've always loved going to those, most of them have a little gumball type machine with fish food to toss in the water. Of course last time I went it took nickels, so I brought a roll of them. Now the machine takes quarters. I scrounged up a few in my purse and we all enjoyed watching the feeding frenzy. Then we crossed to road to the ferry dock and bought a walk on, round trip ticket. The trip is 12 minutes each way. It was a gorgeous day on Lake Champlain. I experienced it through the eyes of an energetic, confident, curious three year old with a delightful, giggling 16 month old in my backpack. Definitely made the right decision when I woke up this morning.

1 comment:

MargieCain said...

How fantastic! It sounds like the perfect play day! It brought back memories of going on the Burlington ferry with my mom this time of year. It was always the "perfect" day.

You are "the momma". :-)