Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Up and Down Day


Up: It's my 39th birthday today! Just yesterday we bought a Dodge Grand Caravan! When the salesperson was putting gas in the tank for us, Dave was being witty and said"Happy Birthday!". Taking on a car payment where there was none can make you nervous, but it is time. We got a 2005 with low miles, great warranty and tons of extra features. After our first test drive Sam screamed and cried because he didn't want to get out of it.
Down: Unbelievable traffic jams where ever I went today! Mae had a doctor appointment and we waited in line for 12 minutes to get out of the stupid parking garage. Ridiculous.
Up: Got an unplanned, much needed nap this morning. Work this afternoon was not too bad. Had a great laughing fit when I picked up Sam at daycare. Little fiery, red-headed Caitlyn excitedly approached me with a smile and said, "Sam Dewey threw up all over his pants and shirt!". I'm told this happened during lunch and the other children were not phased at all. They continued to dine as though nothing happened.
Down: I lost it with Sam tonight for torturing his sister and sassing me. I carried him up to his bed, got in his face and screamed, "I'm ANGRY! You stay up here until you can behave nicely to us! We do not want to be around someone who cannot treat us nicely!" This kind of thing happens at least daily. Things settled down after that.
Up: When I told Sam it was my birthday today he sang happy birthday to me, it filled my eyes with tears. So sweet. During the insanity of the evening I managed to make an amazing dinner, Turkey Enchilada Pie. Only 4 weight watcher points if you follow the recepie exactly. I'm sure regular cheese instead of low fat and ranch dressing on the side elevated the points considerably, but man was it good! If anyone wants the receipe I'm happy to forward it. Yum!

1 comment:

MargieCain said...

Happy Birthday, Pam Dewey!

I can't believe I forgot to call you last night after my meeting! But it sounds like you had enough happening. ;-)

And we all had that same traffic jam problem yesterday. Thomas was grumbling very loudly when he (finally) got to the meeting!