Sunday, June 3, 2007

Moms Who Rock



Wow! What a great time! The event raised $1000. for the Women's Rape Crisis Center. Mae Dewey was dancing, Sam Dewey kept saying "That's MY mommy!", and I'm told Dave has the biggest smile when watching me on stage. Very special friends came providing encouragement, support to Dave managing our two active children, and to take pictures of Sam "bellied up to the bar" eating bar food. Both Dave and I enjoyed the chance to chat with Kevin, owner of the venue without having yell over very loud music. I'm also excited about the loaded gift package that included a certificate for a manicure/pedicure and some truffles for Margie and I to savor during the ride home. Dave sums it up very well, I don't get the chance to go out child free very often, but when I do I make the best of it. As I often remind myself, before I know it my babies will be off snuggling up with someone other than me. It's ok I don't get out solo very often, but boy it sure was nice to make the best of it tonight!

2 comments:

Anna said...

And YOU ROCKED!! You looked great, you sounded great, and we were all so proud of you! Let's make a date to use our gift certificates!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam! Great job up on stage! Tawny & I had a lot of fun. I took a bunch of photos that night and put up a gallery for you. http://benjamindbloom.smugmug.com/gallery/2970970

Do you think the other Moms would be interested in their photos? I got almost everyone who sung before you and a couple after, but then we had to take off.

-Ben