Saturday, January 26, 2008

Busy Goat Day

I worked at the hospital today and Dave had the kids. I got two funny calls from him about goat behavior. Bill E. Goat was spotted carrying a grain bowl around in his mouth. Unfortunately Dave was unable to capture a photo. I wondered why I had to search for all four bowls every night. The other call wasn't so funny. Peanut ventured into the front yard and is now eating my dogwood bushes. Hopefully he doesn't start wandering into the neighbors' yards. Dave tried several things to deter him. 1st, sprayed the bush with Bitter Apple. 2nd, sent Tazor after him. 3rd, tried chasing him away. 4th, and so far has worked, threw large pieces of wood against the barn roof which made a very loud noise. Maybe he'll get hit by a car. No, I really don't want that to happen.
-
During one of our conversations today I was telling Dave of my surprise to be assigned to the busier station with a higher patient census. Being fairly new and only per diem I thought they wouldn't trust me with the more difficult station. Just as I was considering they must think I'm competent, Dave put things in perspective for me. He explained when running duty on the ambulance, the new guy always sits in the back and holds the puke bucket. I guess I got the puke bucket. It was alright, at least I didn't sink and was able to keep up.

1 comment:

Anna said...

How many people in this world can say they've had a BUSY GOAT DAY!? Pretty funny stuff!

We're playing at Zachary's on Friday at 11am if you want to join us!