Monday, January 28, 2008

Introducing...Mable Hoffman!

While going through my mom's cookbooks, I came across Crockery Cookery, by Mable Hoffman. Published in 1975, this is a keeper if ever there was one. Initially there was a black spot on her chin that looked like a mole, sadly it was only a speck of dirt. A mole would have only added to her mystique if you ask me. I leafed through every page of her cookbook. Rest assured, the next gathering at Deweybarn will offer one of Mable's lovely treasures. We may present a cheese or chocolate fondue. If you are lucky, you might be served the Cream of Cauliflower Soup (pictured below), mmmmmm.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Whoo Hoo! Mabel is a hottie! I'm not gonna lie...that soup looks nasty...but I'm down for chocolate fondue ANY DAY! ;-)

Kimberly Ward said...

Good ol' Mabel. Man! What a blast from the past! And that dress! My mama had a crock pot just like that red one on the right. OMG - I agree with Anna - Chocolate fondu before that nasty soup...