Sunday, January 20, 2008

Last Chance To Cross the Border Without a Passport

Being roughly an hour and a half from Montreal, we like to visit now and then. One of my favorite stops during the colder months is Biodome of Montreal. The brochure describes "A museum of the environment like nowhere else on earth." The building is divided into four ecosystems that feature animals, plants, fish, birds, reptiles and a very cool bat cave. I've always loved going to a zoo, an aquarium, or in the middle of winter a greenhouse. Biodome offers all this under one roof that is not too big, but big enough for a satisfying day trip.

Miss Mae enjoying fish in the Tropical Forest.

Sam and Mae in the St. Lawrence Marine Ecosystem.

Penguins in the Antarctic Zone, sort of like the movie Happy Feet.

Mae enjoys a fabulous meal at Moe's. I eat there whenever we go to Biodome and it is always yummy! One of my favorite moments was with my grandmother. She asked the waiter where he was from because he had a unique accent. Turned out he was from Egypt. She paused briefly and spoke with satisfaction, "Well now I can say I've met someone from Egypt."



2 comments:

Anna said...

Ah! When will it be a requirement to have a passport for Canada? Lucas and I might like to join you guys on your next trip!

Kimberly Ward said...

Lovely! I went to the biodome twice. The second time was for my honeymoon (on my first marriage). Doug spent a lot of time being pissed off because the French lady driving our shuttle wouldn't speak in English. He just pissed her off so she spoke French more and more. It was a fun time! (but seriously - I loved the bug house. So cool!)

Kim