Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Good Friends, Good Food, Good Evening

It's often a drag when Dave spends the night at the Police Academy for training. Tonight wasn't so bad. A close circle of friends came over for dinner, along with Ibby, a relative visiting from the west coast. It was nice sharing my children's energy. I loved hearing Sam insist, "Mommy, Margie Cain can bring me to bed tonight." Just knowing he was happy, safe and comfortable in my close friend's arms felt good. It also felt good holding Ibby's newborn while she ate dinner child free. There is nothing like a little bum that fits in the palm of your hand. While I set up bedtime, Terri and Kim entertained Mae and handled clean up. Nights like this remind me of how it feels to have family.

1 comment:

Kimberly Ward said...

It was an excellent time. So good to see little ones. The older I get, the more the 'grandmaw' genes in me come out and I just want to pinch the cheeks of everyone's kids, which I don't do 'cause then they'd all hate me. Mae is growing so fast! And Sam is turning into such a little sprite. I loved watching his keen eye for color and how he kept wanting to color in the hair on the girl in the picture 'white' but couldn't figure out why on a white background you can't paint white. So cool to watch a mind growing and learning...