Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Knowing Doesn't Make It Any Easier

I learned early on that as a parent, we will always take the brunt of everything. When Sam was four months old I fell down the stairs with him in my arms. He was fine but I broke a bone in my foot protecting him. Last week he started his new school. He loves it and is excited to go. He gets to ride the bus home and does well in class. At home for several nights now he has been terrible to me. Sam's behavior has been malicious, then he laughs in my face. I can only remain calm for so long before I start screaming and swearing at him. Today I didn't know if I could survive another night of it. Thankfully Dave got up early and took both kids out for an hour and a half. I soaked in the jet tub for 30 minutes before my head cleared, then laid in my bed listening to silence. When he got home tonight he was like a different boy, very sweet, cooperative and nice to his sister. I've been told these storms come in cycles and I know I will absorb the brunt of them, but I couldn't' help but think, "This is why Valium was created".

1 comment:

Anna said...

You can always send him to my house! ;-) I think the girls from work...from OLD work...are going to dinner on Friday...can you come?