Wednesday, September 19, 2007

We Now Own 21.84 Acres

Of course, 11.64 acres are in Fairfax. We closed on the property today which elevates my level of excitement about the future. Gary, or realtor is so cute. If I could pick a grandpa in Vermont it would definitely be him. During the closing I said, "Today we walk away with the keys!" The look he gave me was adorable. He said, "The lights are on but no one is home, I forgot them!". As we were leaving he asked me not to tell his son, who works for him at the real estate agency. Apparently his son forgot keys once and Gary has never let him forget it. He will meet us at the property tomorrow morning with them. It feels different now that the land and camp is ours. Gary said after we were under contract, the interest in the property soared, "Unbelievable", he said. We knew we were doing the right thing from the start.

1 comment:

Anna said...

You could start growing crops with that many acres! Congratulations Deweys!