Monday, December 24, 2007

Okemo Update


She seems to be doing alright. The blood drawn by Dr. Thompson came back normal, I haven't heard about the fecal sample yet. Dave rolled his eyes when I told him how I felt tonight doing the llama chores. I've been tending them for a week now. Okemo continues to rule the pasture, she is smart, proud and beautiful. As I cleaned the shelter I wondered if she resented needing me. I've been focused on her, peering out the window at her, touching her, hand-feeding her grain, and frequently speaking reassuringly to her. My concerns disolved tonight when I fed her grain. As she ate from my hand, she allowed me to rest my forehead on hers. I'm glad to be primary again. I've loved watching them from the window, but it's nice being among them again.

No comments: