Friday, February 22, 2008

Can I Get 30 Minutes Please?

After a horrific altercation with our fraidy cat Sarah, I have cellulitis my right wrist. I've had two emergency room visits, a healthy dose of IV antibiotics and a recommendation for 30 minute soaks 3-4 times a day. This morning after the dogs had been out and my kids were fed, I sat with my tea and a bowl of warm water. 5 minutes into it, Murdoch started barking because Jack and Tazor were playing. Dave was sleeping so I quieted things down by putting Tazor in his kennel. While I was up I decided to check on Mae. I found her in the bathroom playing in a toilet bowl full of her brother's pee. I stripped her down and went upstairs for clean clothes. I returned with clothes to see Sam had unplugged the power strip our television is plugged into. Unfortunately when reconnected it required tweaking, that had to wait. I lifted Mae into the sink, washed her hands and feet then got her dressed. Sam wanted more cereal, "Ok honey, let's get you dressed first". As I helped him with his shirt I heard water spilling. Mae was standing on the couch dumping my big bowl of soaking water onto the floor. I was ready to cry. This all happened over the course of 20 minutes. Thankfully, Dave took pity on me and came downstairs.