Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Goat Wrestling and Irony

Damn goat! I do not mean that affectionately either. Both of them charged into the barn as I opened the door while carrying an armload of hay. They headed for the grain bowls. I haven't had a problem wrestling one at a time by grabbing hold of a horn. This time I had two. I didn't have a good hold on the one with curly horns as he twisted his head with my wrist attached. There is an ice pack on it now as I write. Damn it. I've got plenty to do without nursing an injured limb to slow me down.
-
Ironic how Mae was captivated by an episode of one of her favorite shows featuring the importance of sleep. Sleep? She's lucky to be cute and easy to deal with during the day. This morning for example, awake at 4am until 6am. If I let her cry it out at that hour she wakes up her brother, leaving no hope of catching any more winks. Rotten nights happen more frequently than smooth ones. Every time I wake up during the night I cringe, look at the clock and hold my breath before falling back into a wrestless sleep as I wait for her fussing to start. As I said, good thing she's cute. I do cherish them at this age, and I also dream of a day when I might sleep again.

No comments: