Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"That Means Hello in Spanish"


My son has used the above line on me a few times this week. Most recently I thought I heard him say "Piss." Not wanting to make it a big deal I asked him to repeat it so I could be sure. Yep, that is what he said. So I probed further, "Honey what does that mean?" He smiled slyly, averted my gaze and said, "That means Hello in Spanish."
-
This morning I asked him if he had seen my glasses. First he told me no. As I searched with my nearsighted vision I asked him again. With bright eyes and an awkward smile he told me, "I broke them and threw them in the trash." I thought he was kidding. Nope, there they were in two pieces sitting atop the rubbish. He didn't really brake them, the bridge has been snapping out of place lately and I just cram it back in. With the exception of "Hello in Spanish", I'm glad he tells the truth.

2 comments:

MargieCain said...

The elephant of doom! Or whatever his new name. I'm so glad to see Sam Dewey playing happily with it. And that he is telling the truth. Our Sam is growing up so fast!!

Kimberly Ward said...

OK - I was having the crappiest day today until I read your post. I just laughed right outloud picturing Sammy answering you with "That means hello in Spanish" ha! He's just too cute for words! (I feel a granny pinch coming on - you know where you want to just grab the kid's little cheeks and pinch em!)