Friday, October 12, 2007

Busted!


If you look closely you'll see the little purple bowl of leftover butternut squash in his chops, which he clearly stole from the table.
-
About a week ago, in the middle of the night, I heard Jack get up from his cushion at the foot of our bed and head downstairs. A few seconds later I heard the crash of a 5 gallon water jug we keep on top of the trash to keep Jack out. I woke up Dave and said, "I think Jack knocked off the water jug and is into the trash". He jumped to his feet and flew down stairs. He said he saw Jack, "Up to his eyeballs in the garbage and his tail was wagging". Dave sneaked up on him, grabbed something off the counter and threw it at him. I heard a growl, then four paws racing up the stairs. Apparently he didn't know what hit him. As tired as we were in the wee hours of the morning, I couldn't stop laughing at the image of Jack being surprised during an unguarded moment.

No comments: