Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Here It Is, My 100th Post



We went to a Halloween party for kids aged 6 and under. There were photos taken of everyone in costume, fun activities, goodie bags, a costume parade, and a pinata at the end. I was nervous when the costume parade headed outside. I wasn't expecting that, Mae was out of her costume and it was cold outside. All I could do was hope for the best as I watched my little Peter Pan march away. Thankfully I was not disappointed. After wrapping Mae in my coat and getting the camera ready, their parade was nearly over. No one was scolding Sam or looking at me with that, "You have your hands full" look. I tried to snap his picture. He had moved forward and was now leading the parade. As you can see, he spotted us and abandoned his post before I could capture it.

After the party we went home to carve pumpkins, toast seeds and have dinner by jack-o-lantern light. What a great day. As my friend Anna says, "Every now and then they throw us a bone". Despite being jacked up on pinata candy (which Sam so sweetly shared with Mae and I), and missing Daddy, the three of us shared a very special day together.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Ha! I laughed RIGHT OUT LOUD when I saw those little peanuts in their costumes! Good for you! I could NEVER have made Luke a costume that cute with my own bare hands...you are amazing!

Anna said...

Great 100th post Pam! I'm ready for another one! ;-) Anna