Sunday, October 7, 2007

He Means What He Says

Earlier this morning we watched a show about a little boy who's fish died. The beautifully done program explained death as part of the life cycle. It covered a range of emotions and how to remember loved ones that have passed. All of this was geared toward little kids. As I watched Sam taking it in I shed a few tears for Kilo.

Later that morning we were taking a ride with our dogs, Murdoch and Jack. Sam said, "Mommy, Murdoch is sick". I explained, "No honey, he isn't sick. Murdoch has been a part of Mommy's life for a very long time and his body is getting old. Sometimes he is tired". As I was being all philosophical I realized the van smelled like dog food. I thought it was odd so I turned around to see Murdoch eating a pile of vomit. Disgusting, I know. Lesson learned, the boy means what he says.

2 comments:

Anna said...

BLECH! Dog vomit! That poor van is gettin' the business this week!
(My grandpa used to say that all the time! Everything was "gettin' the business"....)

;-) A

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, let that be training for you, Mom, for future questions about sex. Just the facts. We forget how literal they are. Loved seeing you girls today. Miss you. Mary