Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"He is a poster child for birth control"


The comment above was from my husband, being late on his way to work. He had been on the road 2 minutes when I phoned to ask if he could be late for work. His response was, "No" as the two people on the road were on overtime. My response, "Your son has purple nail polish on one eyelid and red polish poured onto his left eye!" He promptly turned around to assist me with the crisis.
-
Two hours preceding this incident were riddled with drama. Sam was on a mission to test every boundary and to find more ground to test. After he finished dinner I saw him going toward the play room. I was feeding yogurt to Mae and thought it was too quiet. I went to the playroom to find it empty. "Sam? Sam?" "I'm in here Mommy!" I turned the corner to see him standing on the toilet with a purple stripe on his right eyelid. His hand was poised above his left eye with the red nail polish. I screamed and covered the space between us in record time. I immediately started the shower and tossed him in to flush out what I could. When Dave got home he called the poison center. They recommeded flushing it, as we were doing. Sam was in the shower for about 20 minutes. The polish left on his body (eyelid, chest, feet) will eventually slough off. I managed to scrub away the newly applied red polish on the left side of his face.
-
That bugger! After he was dry and calm, he looked at me with his head tilted to the left and said, "Mommy, you're my friend".
-
After everyone was in bed I called my Grammy. I said, "Grammy, I had the kind of night where I'd like to send him back where he came from." Her response, "I hate to tell you Pam, but that's life." She never was one to mince words.

No comments: